By Spectracell Laboratories
Our Price: $150.00
FREE SHIPPING from and to the lab in the USA
Find a Draw Site
MTHFR is an enzyme responsible for converting 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate to the product 5-methyltetrahydrofolate - it is involved in the metabolism of folate and homocysteine. The product of the reaction catalyzed by MTHFR converts homocysteine (a potentially toxic amino acid) to methionine (a useful and necessary amino acid).
Why is MTHFR Genotyping Important?
- Certain mutations in the gene coding for MTHFR produce an enzyme that has reduced activity.
- Reduced activity can lead to elevated levels of homocysteine (a.k.a. hyperhomocysteinemia), especially when folate levels are low.
- High homocysteine (>13umol/L) may double the risk of developing illness or complications.
- MTHFR genotyping can provide information about potential causes of elevated homocysteine and approaches for addressing it.
- Based on MTHFR and homocysteine results, physicians can develop dietary and medical recommendations - increased intake of folate alone or in combination with vitamins B6 and B12 are recommended.
- Based on results, recommendations for methotrexate dosage can be adjusted.
Risks Associated with MTHFR Variants/High Homocysteine:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cerebral Vascular Disease (Stroke)
- Venous and Arterial Thrombosis
- Methotrexate Toxicity for Cancer Therapy
Who Should be Tested?
- Those with high homocysteine levels.
- Those who have a familial history of cardiovascular disease, stroke or thrombosis.
- Those who are candidates for long-term methotrexate therapy.
***No FASTING REQUIRED***
- Whole blood is required.
- Collect one purple top (EDTA) tube.
- Do no centrifuge or freeze
- Ship in the LPP kit or the micronutrient test kit provided
- DO NOT PLACE THE SHIPMENT IN A DROP BOX
- DO NOT USE THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM WHEN CALLING FOR A PICK UP. SPEAK WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE.
- It is very important to receive the specimens the day after collection
- Call FedEx for courier pickup ASAP at 800-463-3339, but no later than 3:00PM, Monday-Friday
- Give your address as the pickup location
- THE LABORATORY IS OPEN ON SATURDAYS TO RECEIVE SPECIMENS COLLECTED ON FRIDAYS
Results are typically available within 7-10 business days.
Reports are delivered via general mail.
Order the Book!
Ordering a book through our site is simple. You can get a paperback version of the book for $24.95 or an e-book in PDF format for just $17.95. To order click on the appropriate button below. We accept credit card payments through Paypal, a popular and secure online credit card processor. After payment, you will be taken to a page where you can download the PDF version of the book. If you have ordered a paperback version of the book, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
If you have any questions or are interested in wholesale book purchases, feel free to Contact Us
Raw Foods Bible - Paperback Version
FREE shipping within the USA,
Raw Foods Bible -
Adobe Reader Required for PDF files. Free Download Here
All the knowledge of the Raw Foods Bible, now in Spanish!
E-mail Dr. Sommers to find out how to get a copy of your own!
Order the DVD!
This DVD from Dr. Sommers covers a wide variety of topics.
Dr. Sommers talks about the DVD in a YouTube Video YouTube video click here
Please allow 5 to 10 business days for delivery.
If you have any questions or are interested in wholesale DVD purchases, feel free to Contact Us
Keys to Longevity - DVD - $24.95
Sale Price $19.95
FREE Shipping within the USA,
Shipping to Canada $5.00,
Shipping Outside North America $10
Available for instant download!
Order All Three!
Save $15.00! Buy All Three for $59.95!
Raw Foods Bible, Keys to Longevity DVD, Essene Yoga DVD
FREE Shipping in the USA
copyright © 2011-2016 Raw Foods Bible
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.